Prozac Cardiovascular Side Effects
Here are the side effects of Prozac involving the heart and the blood vessels.
1. Palpitation – Unusual and not normal heartbeat, that is sometimes irregular, but rapid and forceful thumping or fluttering. It can be brought on by shock, excitement, exertion, or medical stimulants. A person is normally unaware of his/her heartbeat.
2. Hypertension – is high blood pressure, which is a symptom of disease in the blood vessels leading away from the heart. Hypertension is known as the “silent killer”. The symptoms are usually not obvious, however it can lead to damage to the heart, brain, kidneys and eye, and even to stroke and kidney failure. Treatment includes dietary and lifestyle changes.
3. Bradycardia – The heart rate is slowed from 72 beats per minute, which is normal, to below 60 beats per minute in an adult.
4. Tachycardia – The heart rate is speeded up to above 100 beats per minute in an adult. Normal adult heart rate is 72 beats per minute.
5. ECG Abnormal – A test called an electrocardiogram (ECG) that records the activity of the heart. It measures heartbeats as will as the position and size of the heart’s four chambers. It also measures if there is damage to the heart and the effects of drugs or mechanical devices like a pacemaker on the heart. When the test is abnormal this means that one or more of the following are present: heart disease, defects, beating too fast or too slow, disease of the blood vessels leading from the heart or of the heart valves, and/or a past or about to occur heart attack.
6. Varicose Vein – Unusually swollen veins near the surface of the skin that sometimes appear twisted and knotted, but always enlarged. They are called hemorrhoids when they appear around the rectum. The cause is attributed to hereditary weakness in the veins aggravated by obesity, pregnancy, pressure from standing, aging, etc. Severe cases may develop swelling in the legs, ankles and feet, eczema and/or ulcers in the affected areas.
Lexapro side effects
7. Flushing – The skin all over the body turns red.